Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Party proposal poppin'

Behold, 'tis my turn to pop the question these days. Though paling in comparison to the perfectly poppin' proposal, my surreptitious scheme to propose to my bridal party consisted of embellished handcrafted cards accompanied by goodie boxes.
Each lovely lady received one of each upon which her respective name is scribed and stamped in a most personalized manner.
A poem characterized by lilting end rhyme was affectionately penned within on aged notebook paper,
whilst a doily stamped with the gal's name adorned the top.
After perusing the piece of poetry, the cheery chum decoded the highlighted message that read, "Will you be my bridesmaid?" followed by a heart cut out from a vintage novel and my signature.
A reminder leaflet stamped with the impending wedding date was sewn in for good measure.
Thence the amiable recipient peeked within the fabric-taped goodie parcel to chance upon endearing vintage fabric
enveloping a trio of deliciously divine macarons to entice her tastebuds.
I'm so honored they responded with a resounding "yes!" They are each so indubitably beautiful inside and out and have been such significant gifts from the Lord to me (and Alex). Thank you so very much, lovely ladies. God has used you each to greatly encourage and edify me for years to perceive more deeply the love of Christ and I dare not envision being up with there without you eight!

8 comments:

nelson said...

Where on earth do you acquire all of these fabulous materials?

lody_dody said...

YAYY! so excited sister!! love you!! :)

Ashley said...

This is so cute! I love absolutely every detail- the twine, the notebook paper, the doily. && I LOVE the way you asked them to be your bridesmaids with a decoded msesage.

Sandy a la Mode said...

wow soo exciting!! what a fun little package!!

shaina said...

<3 i love you helen and am soo soo thankful for our friendship. i was thinking about it sunday night and almost got teary-eyed just thinking about where we've been, how you are getting marrrieed and that i get to be a part of it! and just how God has been so faithful and good thru the years. We never saw this coming but His plans are always better and higher :) that's when i texted you :) did you get it btw? if you didn't, in short- i adore you and am blessed & honored by you.

My name is Frances said...

Helen, I echo the girls when I say I love you! Thank you for allowing us to be part of you and Alex. Yay, so excited for the marriage to come!!! Wow, you're gonna be sleeping in the same bed WITH a boy! LOL!!!

Alex Hong said...

Why is my fiance so creative?! I'm such a blessed man by the grace of God!

The Locklins said...

This is such a beautiful idea. These packages are so, so lovely.